WHAT IS OUR APPLICATION PROCESS?
To begin the application process or request additional information about the program, contact us at (765) 642-1853.
- Applications, eligibility requirements, and other information are provided to interested candidates upon request.
- Once a completed application is received, a brief phone interview with a Program Manager is scheduled to discuss details and to answer any further questions.
- After the application and phone interview are completed, a face-to-face interview will be scheduled when an opening in the program becomes available.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Dove Harbor accepts single women, widows, mothers with children and expectant mothers who fit the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be at least 20 years old
- Must bring no male children over 12 years old
- Must be 30 days clean from drugs and/or alcohol
- Must be 30 days outside of prison or jail
- Must be committed to separation from abuser if a victim of domestic violence
- Must have life or financial crisis that creates a need for transitional housing
- Must show patterns of repeated, or prolonged, involvement in unhealthy relationships or environments
- Must live within the United States, although priority is given to the women and families of Madison County, Indiana
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS?
- Must exhibit motivation to develop responsible lifestyle changes and commit to a minimum six months stay
- Must attend three in-house groups per week
- Must participate in an intake meeting with therapist and any recommended treatment
- Must attend individual case management meetings
- Must pay $150 per month for utilities, program fees and a $90 deposit at move-in
- Must stay in compliance with house guidelines
- Must participate in weekly room and chore checks